Dermaplaning was first performed by dermatologists and plastic surgeons
40 years ago in preparation for medical peels to penetrate deeper into the skin.
The skin is treated by making painless up-and-down movements with a surgical blade,
removing dead skin cells, vellus hair, fine lines and superficial pigment spots.
Today this treatment is also performed on its own
resulting in smooth, even and soft skin with a Glow.
When is Dermaplaning suitable?
- Dull skin that can use a boost
- Dehydrated skin
- Dry lines
- Oily skin
- To prepare other treatments
Results after Dermaplaning
My experience at Glow Expert is always amazing.
Melody H. | CERTIFIED CLIENT
Glow Expert is Clinical, Cool & Colorful with a unique take on skin health. Why? Because of founder Marelva’s pillars of wellness; Keep on growing & Glowing. Skincare is healthcare and selfcare.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are already undergoing treatments, this treatment starts with a short review of the previous treatment and the results achieved, after which we sign a consent form and add photos in your file.
The skin will be thoroughly cleansed and degreased after which Dermaplaning is performed. If you wish to combine Dermaplaning with another treatment, this will follow.
No. Dermaplaning does not interfere with the follicular structure of the hair, so having no effect on hair growth.
Dermaplaning should be received once every 4 weeks (monthly) to achieve optimum anti aging benefits. For removal of dead skin, primarily, every 4-6 weeks is recommended.
Dermaplaning promotes cellular turnover and increases collagen and elastin fibers, so it is superb as an anti aging treatment.
The layer of dead skin cells and facial hair that trap dirt and bacteria are removed, allowing for better product absorption and effectiveness.
Dermaplaning smoothes, tones, tightens, and brightens skin, creating a glowing canvas for makeup application.
Yes! There is no downtime with Dermaplaning and you may resume normal activities as soon as you leave the practice.
- CO2 Carboxy Therapy
- Medical peel
- Esthemax Hydration Elation
- Hydro Jelly Mask
- Do not wet the treated area for up to 8 hours after treatment
- Do not apply makeup until 48 hours after treatment
- For 48 hours after treatment, avoid heat, excessive sweating, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, etc.
- Do not force and/or touch the skin unnecessarily
- Do not use (silicone) brushes and exfoliation until 2 weeks after the treatment and avoid products with acids, Benzoyl Peroxide, retinoids, drying alcohols
- Protect the skin every 2 hours with SPF30
- If you are sensitive to surgical stainless steel
- If your skin is recovering from a previous (allergic) reaction
- If you have a predisposition for Keloid
- If you have or have had (skin) cancer
- If you use prescription creams
- If you are taking Roaccutane or have taken it within the last 6 months
- If you have eczema
- If you have active herpes
- If you have active acne and open wounds
- If you have a fever
- With excessive facial hair or as a hair removal method
- The skin may experience irritation bumps
- The skin may be red
Which both go away in a few hours.